SGI are technology leaders
- SGI® is focused on helping customers solve their most demanding technology challenges by delivering: clustered computing and storage solutions, high-performance computing and storage solutions, Eco-logical™ datacenter solutions, software and services.
- SGI's products and services are used by the scientific, technical and business communities to solve challenging data-intensive computing, data management and visualization problems. These applications typically require large amounts of computing power and fast and efficient data movement both within the computing system and to and from large-scale data storage installations.
- SGI has one of the strongest ecosystems of partners in the industry, including our premier partner AMD. AMD's energy-saving technologies can greatly benefit the price-performance-per-watt in an existing data center footprint and, together with SGI's energy-saving server designs, help to greatly reduce overall power consumption.
- Australian Customers include Fox Sports, Sky Channel, DIGO (Defence Imaging and Geo-Spatial Office) University of Sydney, APAC – The National Research Supercomputer facility with 1,986 CPU SGI Altix) 5 of the 6 State based research Supercomputer facilities, Dolby, a host of tier one universities such as Sydney, UNSW, UTS, Datacentre operators such as AC3 (Australian Centre for Advanced Computing and Communications)
- Companies such as Ford, Toyota, Honda, McLaren Racing, Mercedes, Total, Glaxo-SmithKline, 3M, Motorola, Miller Brother retail, BP, Exxon, Marathon Oil, Univision, NBA, Proctor and Gamble, L3, Konami, Disney, National Geographic, Astra Zenica, Boeing, Raytheon, BAE Systems, and many more all rely on SGI solutions.
- Government Agencies such as NASA, DOD, The Pentagon, the CIA, FBI, Dept Homeland Security, and other agencies which cannot be named all rely on SGI to deliver critical services every day, and we are currently delivering to the US Government on their TI09 program covering several Government sites – the value of this contract is over $40M USD
- SGI holds over 700 unique patents as well as unique IP
- SGI runs 7 systems in the top 50 Supercomputing list. Second only to IBM.
- SGI is only superseded by IBM in the number of “contributions” to the Linux community
- Fox Sports – have 3Petabytes of Data - all managed served and computed using an end to end SGI solution.
- Australia's CSIRO have 1.5 PB of data under management by SGI and have relied on SGI since 1991, over 18 years. The site holds critically important scientific data which is irreplaceable.